Calling all photography and nature enthusiasts!
The Conservancy is pleased to announce our 10th Annual Nature Photography Contest.
Share your sunset photos, “planet Earth” moments, and the beauty of the island in our community-wide celebration of photography and nature! Don’t yet have a photograph you’d like to share? Don’t worry, there is still plenty of time to get outside and start snapping the shutter!
All photographs must be submitted by August 31, 2023 to our Stewardship Coordinator, Justine Apostolopoulos (email@example.com). Winning photos will be displayed on our 2023 Nature Cards.
This year we have 5 categories; a person can enter a maximum of 1 photo per category:
- Native Creatures of S,KTAK/Mayne Island (birds, insects, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, marine creatures, etc.)
- Native Plants of S,KTAK/Mayne Island
- Ocean/Beach Scene
- Youth Photographer (photo taken by someone 18 years old or younger)
- All photo submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2023.
- Digital photographs or scanned film photographs will be accepted. Because photos may be included in our printed cards, please send us the highest resolution photo possible (if sending from a smart phone, please choose the “actual size” option). If the photo is not high resolution, we regretfully will not be able to accept it.
- All submissions must be taken on S,KTAK/Mayne Island and include the entrant’s name, contact information, and category into which the photo is being submitted.
- All photographs must have been taken by the entrant between September 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023.
- This contest is intended for amateur photographers. If you earn %50-100 of your income from your photography, please do not enter this contest.
- We understand that it is not always clear as to whether a plant or animal is considered native. If you are unsure, we are happy to help.
- If there are any people in the photograph, you must receive permission from them to enter your photo. If chosen as a winner, it will be published on our art cards and those pictured in the photo must be okay with this (parental permission must be given for anyone in the photograph who is 18 or under).
- Only one photograph per person may be submitted into each category.
- By entering, you agree to give the Mayne Island Conservancy Society a non-exclusive license to use the photo for educational and promotional purposes, with credit to you as the photographer.
- The same photograph may not be entered into multiple categories.
- For the Young Photographer category, youth are classified as 18 and under. They may enter photographs into other categories in addition to the Young Photographer category if they like.