To quote Dr. Bonnie Henry, “Please, go outside.” And while you’re out there, why don’t you bring along your camera and take some photos to enter into the 2020 Nature Photo Contest? Winners will be announced in September 2020 and will receive a 2021 Nature Photo Calendar.
This year we have 5 categories; a person can enter a maximum of 1 photo per category.
*Native Creatures of Mayne Island (birds, insects, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, ocean creatures, etc.)
*Youth Photographer (photo taken by someone 18 years old or younger)
August 21, 2020
After reviewing the rules, please submit your photos to email@example.com.
- All photo submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21st, 2020.
- Only digital photographs will be accepted. Because photos may be included in our printed calendar; please send us the highest resolution photo possible (if sending from iPhone, please choose the “actual size” option). If the photo is not high resolution, we regretfully will not be able to accept it.
- All submissions must be taken on Mayne Island and include the entrant’s name, contact information, and category into which the photo is being submitted.
- All photographs must have been taken by the entrant between September 1st, 2019 and August 21st, 2020.
- This contest is intended for amateur photographers. If you earn over $3000 per year from your photography, please do not enter this contest.
- We understand that it is not always clear as to whether a plant or animal is considered native. If you are unsure we are happy to help.
- If any people are in the photograph, you must receive permission from them to enter your photo. If chosen as a winner, it will be published in our calendar and those pictured in the photo must be okay with this (parental permission must be given for anyone in the photograph who is 18 or under).
- Only one photograph per person may be submitted into each category.
- By entering, you agree to give the Mayne Island Conservancy Society a non-exclusive license to use the photo for educational and promotional purposes, with credit to you the photographer.
- The same photograph may not be entered into multiple categories.
- For the “young photographer” category, youth are classified as 18 and under. They may enter photos into other categories in addition to the young photographer category if they like.