- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting and Open House Celebration
April 22 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Come Celebrate 20 Years of Conservation on Mayne!
Open House 1:30 p.m.
Annual General Meeting 2:00 p.m.
at the Ag. Hall
This year’s AGM will be a celebration of our 20th anniversary with displays of our work over the last two decades and the people involved who made it all happen. And there will be refreshments and cake! It will also be a chance to meet the Conservancy team – staff, board members, and volunteers.
To thank our members for their support we will raffle off four great prizes at the AGM, drawing the winners from the 2023 membership list as of April 22nd.
Membership Raffle Prizes:
- Lunch for two at Hedgerow Farm hosted by Conservancy Board member Peter Robinson and partner Kristine Webber, and a tour of the Conservancy’s wetland restoration work.
- Four plants of your choice from a selection at our native plant nursery.
- Two free passes to 2023 Conservancy events (events after April 22nd, not including the gala).
- Small group birding outing on Mayne – hosted by Michael Dunn.
The Annual General Meeting (short and to the point)
To attend the AGM you need to have a 2023 membership, which will allow you to vote in elections for the Conservancy board, have a hand in adopting resolutions, help make changes to the Constitution and Bylaws, and accept the financial statements from the previous fiscal year. (These documents will be made available at the AGM).
So, join on or before April 22nd and you can participate in the governance of the Conservancy, celebrate our 20th anniversary, and be eligible to win one of the three prizes.
Membership is only $5 per person for the calendar year.
How to become a Mayne Island Conservancy member:
- Online at JOIN.
- Mail a cheque: Box 31 Mayne Island, BC, Canada V0N 2J0. (please include the names of all members and email addresses)
- Visit us at any Conservancy event or at the Farmers’ Market from May to October.
- Or drop by the office: 455-A Dixon Road.
You can check your membership status by logging on the Conservancy website and clicking on “My account” in the top right corner of any page.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 250 539-2535.
We look forward to celebrating with you on April 22!