We would like to propose a few changes to our bylaws, to be voted on at our annual general meeting on April 27th.
In a nutshell, we would like to:
- introduce children’s memberships (non-voting membership for those under 12)
- introduce family memberships at a rate of $15
- simplify the membership term to the calendar year only, without pre and post extensions
- remove gendered language from the bylaw text
- recognize that board resolutions may be voted on by email
- remove the membership register from the Treasurer’s duties
- add the membership register to the Secretary’s duties
Here is a PDF containing the details of the changes. We look forward to discussing them with you at our annual general meeting.