Planned Giving: What is it?
Planned giving is the act of making a commitment to give to a charitable organization a major gift, over time or in your Will, as part of your overall financial and estate planning.
We invite you to Sow a Seed for the Future by considering a planned gift to the Mayne Island Conservancy. Your gift will ensure that the Conservancy can continue and even expand its work.
Ways to Give
- naming the Mayne Island Conservancy in your Will as the recipient of a given amount or a percentage of your estate’s value.
- a gift of publicly traded securities. Transfer securities to the Conservancy’s investment manager, with no capital gains to be paid by either you or the Conservancy
- a gift of life insurance
- a gift of retirement savings funds, RRSP or RRIF
- a gift of real estate
- a multi-year pledge eg. $25,000 over five years
- a matching gift challenging others to give by matching and thereby doubling the donation
Benefits to Mayne Island
- more protected natural areas and cleaner shores
- increased resilience to natural and human disturbance
- maintain the diversity of plants and animals that will be enjoyed by future generations
Benefits to You
- a legacy, in your name, that will conserve the natural beauty of Mayne Island into the future.
- being a part of the Conservancy’s Legacy Circle, receiving newsletters, annual reports, invitations to special events, and more
- a positive feeling of making a difference
- tax benefits
Benefits to the Conservancy
- financial health and security
- the continuation of established programs
- the expansion of programs
If you are considering a planned gift to the Mayne Island Conservancy please contact the Conservancy office: 250-539-5168 or email us.