Planned Giving: What is it?
Planned giving is the act of making a commitment to give to a charitable organization a major gift, over time or in your Will, as part of your overall financial and estate planning.
We invite you to Sow a Seed for the Future by considering a planned gift to the Mayne Island Conservancy. Your gift will ensure that the Conservancy can continue and even expand its work.
Ways to Give
- naming the Mayne Island Conservancy in your Will as the recipient of a given amount or a percentage of your estate’s value.
- a gift of publicly traded securities. Transfer securities to the Conservancy’s investment manager, with no capital gains to be paid by either you or the Conservancy
- a gift of life insurance
- a gift of retirement savings funds, RRSP or RRIF
- a gift of real estate
- a multi-year pledge eg. $25,000 over five years
- a matching gift challenging others to give by matching and thereby doubling the donation
Benefits to Mayne Island
- more protected natural areas and cleaner shores
- increased resilience to natural and human disturbance
- maintain the diversity of plants and animals that will be enjoyed by future generations
Benefits to You
- a legacy, in your name, that will conserve the natural beauty of Mayne Island into the future.
- being a part of the Conservancy’s Legacy Circle, receiving newsletters, annual reports, invitations to special events, and more
- a positive feeling of making a difference
- tax benefits
Benefits to the Conservancy
- financial health and security
- the continuation of established programs
- the expansion of programs
If you are considering a planned gift to the Mayne Island Conservancy please contact the Conservancy office: 250-539-2535 or email us.
Every gift is different and personal. Please consult your financial advisor, lawyer or notary and the Conservancy to ensure that it is the best gift for both you and the Mayne Island Conservancy.
Will Power Campaign: Learn About Leaving a Legacy
The Mayne Island Conservancy is partnering with the Will Power campaign, an initiative that is bringing together more than 400 charities, financial advisors, and lawyers from across Canada to educate and motivate Canadians on how they can leave a legacy to a cause they care about and also take care of the ones they love through a gift in their Will.
To visit the Mayne Conservancy’s page on the Will Power website click here and learn more about leaving a Legacy.