The Contest is Now Open!
Each year, residents and visitors of Mayne Island enter their nature photos in the Mayne Island Conservancy’s Amateur Nature Photo Contest. This is a great excuse to get outside and explore this amazing island, and then share your discoveries with other nature enthusiasts. The winning photos will be selected by a panel of local judges and used to make our 2019 Nature Calendar.
2018 Entrance Categories
- Native Plants
- Native Animals
- Youth Photographer (18 and under)
- Ocean/Beach Scene
- Nature’s Colours (contains red, pink, purple, orange, and/or yellow).
2018 Contest Rules
- All photo submissions must be sent to email@example.com by August 22nd, 2018.
- Only digital photographs can be accepted. Because photos may be included in our printed calendar; please send us the highest resolution photo possible (if sending from iPhone, please choose the “actual size” option). If the photo is not high resolution, we regretfully will not be able to accept it.
- All submissions must be taken on Mayne Island and include entrant’s name, contact information, and category into which the photo is being submitted.
- All photographs must have been taken by the entrant between September 1st, 2017 and August 22rd, 2018.
- This contest is intended for amateur photographers. If you earn over $3000 per year from your photography, please do not enter this contest.
- We understand that it is not always clear as to whether a plant or animal is considered native. If you are unsure we are happy to help.
- If any people are in the photograph, you must receive permission from them to enter your photo. If chosen as a winner, it will be published in our calendar and those pictured in the photo must be okay with this (parental permission must be given for anyone in the photograph who is 18 and under).
- Only one photograph per person may be submitted into each category.
- The same photograph may not be entered into multiple categories.
- For the “young photographer” category, youth are classified as 18 and under. They may enter photos into any category they wish and are not restricted to the young photographer category.
Jeanine Dodds, Barbara McIntyre, Grant Buday