Striking ocean sunrises, bedazzled hummingbirds, brilliant fairy slipper orchids – Mayne Island is bursting with incredible scenes, just waiting to be shared. And what better way to share these magical moments than through the Conservancy’s 9th Annual Amateur Nature Photo Contest? There’s still plenty of time to get outside and start snapping the shutter!
All photos must be submitted by August 21, 2022 to our Stewardship Coordinator Katie (email@example.com). Winning photos will be featured in our 2023 Nature Calendar, and all winners will receive a complimentary calendar.
This year we have 5 categories; a person can enter a maximum of 1 photo per
- Native Creatures of Mayne Island (birds, insects, amphibians, reptiles,
mammals, marine creatures, etc.)
- Native Plants
- Ocean/Beach Scene
- Youth Photographer (photo taken by someone 18 years old or younger)
- All photo submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2022.
- Only digital photographs will be accepted. Because photos may be included in our printed calendar; please send us the highest resolution photo possible (if sending from iPhone, please choose the “actual size” option). If the photo is not high resolution, we regretfully will not be able to accept it.
- All submissions must be taken on Mayne Island and include the entrant’s name, contact information, and category into which the photo is being submitted.
- All photographs must have been taken by the entrant between September 1, 2021 and August 21, 2022.
- This contest is intended for amateur photographers. If you earn over $3000 per year from your photography, please do not enter this contest.
- We understand that it is not always clear as to whether a plant or animal is considered native. If you are unsure we are happy to help.
- If any people are in the photograph, you must receive permission from them to enter your photo. If chosen as a winner, it will be published in our calendar and those pictured in the photo must be okay with this (parental permission must be given for anyone in the photograph who is 18 or under).
- Only one photograph per person may be submitted into each category.
- By entering, you agree to give the Mayne Island Conservancy Society a non-exclusive license to use the photo for educational and promotional purposes, with credit to you the photographer.
- The same photograph may not be entered into multiple categories.
- For the “young photographer” category, youth are classified as 18 and under. They may enter photos into other categories in addition to the young photographer category if they like.
- All winning photos will be cropped to landscape format to fit the calendar.